Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Week 2 Day 2

Ok, so yesterday I was asked to make a couple of desserts for a sweet girl at church who just lost her grandmother. They are having family in for the funeral and our Sunday School class thought it would be a good idea to bring food. Sooo....me in the kitchen with pounds of butter and sugar are usually not a good mix, however! I managed to make it through the whole process without even licking my fingers! A tough workout really builds will power when it comes to junk food. Because I hit my workout hard today I knew there was NO WAY I wanted to blow it on junk. I feel good about resisting the temptation but my afterthought was "I really didn't even want that".

Training our minds is just as important as training our muscles. I realized today that my body is finally over the hump of cravings for certain things. I'm not saying I'm going to live the rest of my life without having sweets again, but right now is the such a great opportunity to train my body to not want them all the time.

It has been a lot easier doing this clean eating thing while my MIL was out of town. Now that she's back...well lets just say this morning she fried an entire pound of bacon! No worries, I had oatmeal and fruit and I'm off to have a protein shake now.

I'll be MIA for the next two days as I am going out of town for an UNPLUGGED get away. Looking forward to the challenge of eating out tomorrow night and not splurging!

1 comment:

  1. Thats the best feeling ever! Conquering the need to eat a sweet or something like bacon without a second thought! It really is a milestone worth remembering. Be Proud!!

    ReplyDelete