Thursday, April 21, 2011

Progress and The Gymboss

Like most days, I did NOT want to get up this morning and run. It was pouring rain and 58 degrees outside. Not my kind of weather. So I stayed in my PJ's all day with my two kiddos and I thought I would just play hookey from working out today. Two semi naps later and about 5:00 hubby comes home from work and I look and feel like crap. I knew if I didn't work out today that tomorrow would be easier to get out of too. I put on my running shoes and hit the dirt road. I finished my sprints...barely but I finished and I did run hard through all 8 sets. I could tell I didn't eat enough today because my energy level was low and I was sucking air like crazy by my 5th sprint.

It's an hour later and I feel great! I have only missed 2 workouts so far since I've started and I want to keep it that way. I'm starting to see progress in my arms and legs and mostly in my MIND! Two months ago I would have thrown in every excuse to not go to the gym or even put my gym clothes on. Now, most days I get up and put on my gym clothes so I have no excuse. I sometimes wear them all day!!

Something that has really helped me this week has been the Gymboss. I love this thing! I can set it up for my sprint intervals and I don't have to worry about a stop watch or anything for the whole 8 sets. It starts my sprints and then my rest time without me having to touch a button. I can also set it up for weight training.

This week is progress picture week, yuck. I will post tomorrow for those interested. I can't believe that week 4 is almost in the books. I'm so glad I have stuck it out this far. I am pumped to see the results of this at week 12!

Oh yeah, and I've lost 20 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about looking into one of these as well. Did you buy it on-line? Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete