Ok, so I guess I need to take every one's advice and quit weighing myself all the time. I weighed this morning and I was 5 pounds less than tonight....what is that all about??
I had leftovers from last night for lunch and for dinner Tilapia with Ms. Dash and sweet potatoes and broccoli
I made a protein shake about 8:30 just to curb my appetite for sweets tonight. Ok so no cheats and worked out 4 days this week and gained 5 pounds. Joy!
Did it work? Did it work? The shake thing? Its seems so weird that protein could possibly replace sugar (seems to rock the world off its axes if you ask me)
ReplyDeleteThe scale is not your friend. It will lie to you and generally make you want to throw things (like IT through the bathroom window)
So much factors in what is says:
Water weight
sodium intake the day before
Time of the month (not limited to just your period week either)
Your mood (crazy but still true)
Pick one day a week to do the scale. First thing in the morning after you use the bathroom. =) save yourself the insanity that is the scale!
Oh dear...don't DO that! You know that muscle weighs more than fat don't you? Just think of all the muscle you've gained! Don't even BOTHER weighing yourself. Go by how you feel and how you look.
ReplyDeleteAfter hard workouts it is typical to have water weight gain to cool off the muscles. Sometimes if your carb levels are a bit too high, you will gain water weight as well. If you weigh more than two pounds more at night than in the morning, then most likely it is carbs. Your body stores about 3 grams of water per gram of carbohydrate. Also, water weight happens closer to your cycle. I agree with the others that many times the scale is not an accurate indicator the efficacy of a diet. Inches are definitely a better indication. Maybe measure once a week?? You are doing great!!
ReplyDelete